February 4, 2010
One piece of software any optimizer ought to love is Firefox. Currently some may say “Why Firefox, it’s solely a browser?” Yes, it’s a browser, however one that supports a big variety of plugins, some of them terribly useful for search engine optimization. Therefore let’s see what those plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be one of the simplest and most used Firefox seo plugins, and has many tools that create it a favourite of mine. So let’s see what it can do:
* in Google it can check for: backlinks, indexed pages, connected pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: backlinks and indexed pages.
* for Alexa: overview, traffic details, backlinks and related sites.
* keyword density of the most used words on the page.
* DMOZ checker: see if the positioning is included within the directory.
* check for robots.txt.
* validator to check your page for errors (it uses the validator from www.w3.org).
There are more things, however these are the foremost important.
2. SEO Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another extension I take advantage of everyday. When the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking data for the URL and anchor text pair. When you’re merely browsing this will be annoying, but you’ll be able to simply deactivate it with a right-click!
This might be very simply used to check your search engine rankings for a bound page, and here is how: write up a listing with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases to the internet pages related to them!
Now each time you would like to test your ranks activate the SEO Links extension and hover over the links — you may see where your pages are in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Don’t waste anymore of your precious screen property just to search out out what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit anywhere you wish (I keep it in the status bar) and you will receive the precious data at a glance. However this tiny tool can do a lot more than that:
* it shows what metatags a web site has
* checks for backlinks and indexed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the robots.txt file
* keyword density report operate
* and best of all: the highlight “nofollow” links can show you what links will be followed by search engine spiders — terribly helpful when you wish to submit your site to a directory and do not grasp if it will matter from a seo perspective.
Therefore in case you’re not using Firefox, go get it! It may be your supporter when it comes to look engine optimization!
Florin Costache writes on a daily seo blog for Romanian webmasters, known as Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. search engine optimization for those who do not speak Romanian).
Do you wish to stay earlier than the pack in the race for the high Google rankings? Visit: increase internet traffic. With increase internet traffic you can quickly and simply get 1st spot on Google each day, while not wasting another dollar ever again! Start increase net traffic, time for you to be first on Google!
Do you want to stay ahead of the pack in the race for the top Google rankings? Visit: increase web traffic. With increase web traffic you can quickly and easily get first spot on Google every day, without wasting another dollar ever again! Start increase web traffic, time for you to be first on Google!
Spread the Word!
January 23, 2009
A good deal of advice can be found on the Internet with reference to the things people must do in order to achieve good rankings in the search engines for their WordPress posts.
It is easy to feel bewildered when you read everything that is out there, because some folks concur with others while another group totally differ and provide dissimilar advice.
In short, these are the four heavy-hitter search engine optimization ranking elements, according to the experts’ consensus views.
The Keywords that are Used in the Title Tag
It’s very important to insert the right keywords in crafting the title tag of a WordPress post. It does not only promote improved search engine rankings, it also helps with higher click-through from the SE listings to your WordPress blog. It’s of lesser use to be high up in the search results without receiving that many clicks. The ultimate purpose should be to get as many visits to the web pages as feasible.
The keywords that the searcher used are bolded in the results of the search. If the right keyphrase of your title is shown in bold, it stands a higher chance of being seen and getting that click. Nevertheless, highlighted keywords don’t comprise the only element to take into consideration when composing the page title tag.
A cleverly written title, that invites and entices the web surfer to click through, can give you lots of additional clicks. It is more advantageous to gain a hundred clicks from listing number 5 by using an eye-catching title than fifty clicks from the third listing with a badly written page title, correct?
Anchor Text used by Links to Your Site
The anchor text that is used in the link that points to your site from an external site counts a lot in the SE computations to determine what your web site is all about. In addition, what your web site is focused on defines to a large extent what it will rank for in the SERPs.
If it’s possible that you can exert any influence on the anchor text that third-party web sites employ with their links to your site, then it is a very prudent investment of your time.
A greater number of web sites that have links to your site employing a specific keyword, or variations of that keyword, will prompt the SE’s to more eagerly believe that your site is all about that certain keyphrase.
It’s far more advantageous if the content of the page on your site contains that particular keyword and its latent semantic equivalents.
Overall Link Popularity of the Web Site
Search engines calculate the relative importance of your site by using the volume of links that are pointed to the web site. This includes both the quality of the hyperlinks and quantity of links.
The importance of your web site increases in the perception of the search engines in accordance with the number of different sites that have links back to your web site.
The building of backlinks doesn’t end.
There can never be enough backlinks pointing to your website.
It’s true that it is possible to build backlinks too quickly and that could raise some alerts with the search engines.
However, if it’s performed as an ongoing action with a longer term view, every link is worth the effort of obtaining it. They all contribute to an improved deemed importance of your site.
Link Popularity within the Site’s Internal Link Structure
The fact is that some of your pages will get more backlinks than other pages. Those that don’t attract lots of external backlinks might be the true income generating pages that you would desire to rank high in the SE indexes.
The internal linking structure, and the anchor text employed for the internal links, is the way to distribute PageRank and reputation inside the perimeters of your site. The wisest way to do that is to get the professional WordPress search engine optimization plugin that is expressly designed to do just that.
Some SEO professionals say that an internal link to a page has the same weight as a link from an external page.
That doesn’t mean the web site will gain high rankings by having only internal links.
What it does mean is that you can get a certain page ranked by having internal links pointing to it even though it does not have a lot of external backlinks, on the condition that the remainder of the site has acquired enough PageRank from external backlinks.
Search engine optimization may seem daunting when one looks at it in its entirety.
Notwithstanding, when viewed as individual focus areas, there are a select number of comparatively easy activities one can concentrate on and make the largest gains.
Spread the Word!
January 2, 2009
Get More Backlinks And Your Traffic Will Skyrocket
Creating a great website is just the beginning to having an Internet presence. If no-one can get to your site when searching then you may as well not spend any time creating your site.
One of the most important things that you can do to have an effective web presence is have other web sites link to it. There are two different kinds of backlinks, reciprocal links and one way links. Both are easy and effective ways to build traffic but one is much more effective than the other – one-way links.
Reciprocal backlinks are when you link to a site and that web site also links back to you. This was a common type of linking a few years ago and is still widely used. Often times site owners get great traffic by using in a link exchange service or system created just for reciprocal backlinks. A link exchange is a group of people that exchange links with each other.
One-way links are mearly a link to your website from another website without the exchange. In some cases you may agree to exchange backlinks to different websites which is called an n-way link exchange. Google truly favors this type of linking compared to reciprocal linking. But, it often is very difficult to get a one-way link. There are three key strategies for receiving one-way links: submit your website to directories, give away something significant that includes your link, pay for a link on someone else’s high ranking site.
1. Creating inbound links by submitting your web site to directories is generally free unless you decide to upgrade. Directories are special web sites that list other websites that visitors may be interested in and are usually hand edited so they have more authoritative weight in the search engine algorithms. There are software packages that can help with the tedious process of filling in directory web forms. One of the least expensive is Directory Site Submitter.
Directory Site Submitter will allow you to set up and manage multiple projects with multiple websites per project and then help you submit to over 400 free directories. The links from these sites will be important for SEO reasons more than actual traffic.
2. One of the best solutions is to give something of value away that has your link. Articles are very common because so many website owners need site content. They are cheap to write and are effective at building one-way links to your site.
3. Stay away from purchasing links on sites for SEO purposes. It can cost up to $100 a month or more to put your link on a high ranked site and it still may not be counted in the search engine algorithm. Google has repeatedly said that purchasing direct links will not be of value for SEO. But, you may still use this technique to drive traffic from a high traffic site to your site.
The truth of the matter is that if you are trying to build long term income, it is going to take some time before your site becomes profitable. A long term strategy for a site might take six months or even a year for it to start creating income. It is also important to start building back links immediately. Choose your links cautiously. Verify that you are not getting links from low level sites, scraper sites or backlinks from bad neighborhoods.
Keep in mind, in today’s competitive Internet environment, if you would like a successful website then you have to do at least as much or more SEO than the sites on the first page of search engine results.